Proudly serving the Fort Myers, FL and surrounding areas
At Stevenson & Associates Physical Therapy, we understand how difficult life can be when you are suffering from pain or a disability. That’s why we offer comprehensive treatments and programs tailored to your specific needs. Still have questions? We invite you to browse our list of frequently asked questions to learn more about us and our services.
What can I expect during my first visit?
Please arrive 15 minutes early in order to complete your paperwork.
You will need to bring with you:
- Your referral or prescription for physical therapy.
- Your insurance information.
- A government issued photo identification card.
- A list of all your current medications.
If you are using insurance to pay for your treatment, we will need the following:
- Health Insurance - your insurance card(s).
- Auto Insurance - the name of your adjuster and their contact information along with your claim number.
- Worker's Compensation - the name of your case manager and their contact information along with your case number.
As a courtesy our office staff will verify your benefits with your insurance company. Please understand that what we tell you is a stated benefit from you insurance company and is not a guarantee of payment. It is also your responsibility to verify your benefits with your insurance company.
Your evaluation will consist of the therapist gathering information on your specific condition.
Here are some examples of the questions that will be asked:
- Your medical history including any procedures you have had done relating to your current issue.
- What is your current pain issue?
- How much pain are you in right now?
- What increases or decreases your pain?
- How is your pain affecting your daily life?
- What are your goals for physical therapy?
What should I wear?
Please wear loose fitting clothing so that the therapist can evaluate and treat the affected area. Here are a few examples.
If you have:
- A knee problem it is best to wear shorts.
- A shoulder problem it is best to wear a tank top or short sleeve shirt.
- A low back problem it is best to wear a loose fitting shirt.
- A balance problem please wear a flat shoe such as tennis shoes.
How long will my appointment last?
- Your intiial evaluation will last approximately one hour. All appointments after that will last approximately 45 minutes depending on your treatment.
How many treatments will I need?
- Everyone's situation is different. Your therapist should be able to let you know the approximate duration of your treatment after completing your initial evaluation.
Still have questions? Just give us a call today.